removes the existing silicone or saline implants
Breast Implant Removal
Who is a good candidate for a breast implant removal
Anyone in good health who wishes to have her existing implants removed is likely a candidate for explant surgery. Breast implant removal is ideal for a woman who:
- Is experiencing medical complications related to the implants and does not want a replacement implant placed
- Is unhappy with the result of her original breast augmentation and wishes to return to her natural breast size.
- Has textured implants recalled by the FDA and is experiencing symptoms of BIA-ALCL or ASIA syndrome.
Contact us for a quote
- New Face Miami
What is this about?
Our doctors performs custom breast implant removal (explant) surgery, in which they removes the existing silicone or saline implants from the body. Women may choose to have breast implants removed for lifestyle, cosmetic, or medical reasons. When indicated, he also performs what is called an en bloc capsulectomy to remove the tissue that has grown around the breast implant.
What results could you expect?
Your surgeon may administer either local or general anesthesia, depending upon what was agreed upon at your consultation. In either case, you will experience no pain. If you are given general anesthesia, you will be completely unconscious during the entire procedure. Your surgical team will continuously monitor your vital signs so that you remain safe throughout your procedure. The incisions needed for breast implant removal can be formed in one of three locations: the crease under the breast, around the areola, or vertically placed in the armpit. Your surgeon will create the necessary incisions, draining any accumulated fluid in the area.
The next step of your breast implant removal is the removal of the implants from each breast. Your surgeon may proceed using a variety of methods, such as:
- Prying out implants from beneath breast tissue
- Cutting through the shell of the implant if it is sticking to nearby tissues
- Implant removal using instruments attached to the breast implant, allowing for its slow removal through pulling
Once your surgeon has removed your implants, they will also remove any excess skin or scar tissue around your nipples. They will then cauterize the area. Once any scar tissue has been removed, your surgeon will reconstruct the area, leading to a more natural appearance.
FAQ’s About the treatment
What is the recovery time?
Recovery timeline usually involves:
- You are sleeping on your back in an inclined position during the initial healing period, using additional pillows for elevation if necessary.
- A return to work within one week of breast lift with augmentation surgery.
- No clothing or housework for at least one week.
- No driving for a minimum of two weeks.
- No heavy lifting > 5 pounds, pulling or pushing for one month.
- No high-impact aerobic exercise or upper body training for six weeks.
What People Are Saying
From the moment you enter the place it is super clean and all the people who work there are attentive, friendly and always with a smile. The laser hair removal machine they have is wonderful, I noticed the results from the first visit, Diana and Heidy are spectacular, you feel confident to put your body in their hands. Do not hesitate to take New Face MD as your first choice for beauty treatments!
I want to thank the entire medical team of the New Face MD Miami clinic, Maylinn Gonzales, Migdalia Garcia and the entire medical team for the excellent care I recommend them 100% thank you girls.
Today I came in for a surgical consultation and everyone was very friendly and helpful, short wait time. The doctor answered all my questions and Linda, his assistant was at all times attentive. In very few places I see this kind of attention which is so important in any business....
I went with my mom and it was spectacular. The way the doctor saw her and quickly with Security knew what she needed. The entire staff at the office was super friendly, polite and attentive. From the reception to the goodbye.